Tuesday 19 April 2011

Four x shows

I had a fabulous weekend visiting galleries and seeing shows.

I popped along to my cousin's exhibition opening at Oh Really Gallery, Enmore 'Interupted Focus', paintings by six artists. His work was of course the best (I may be biased but I also have an art history degree and have worked in the arts so I think my opinon counts for something!). I purchased a piece and can't wait to take the new addition home and add it to my collection.

 
Ad and I popped over to the Opera House to see Bell Shakespeare's production of 'Much Ado About Nothing'. It was enjoyable (not ground breaking) and it was great how we identified with the Italian elements of the play that this performance emphasised - it's amazing how travel can assist you with relating to different things!


Then it was off to some stand up comedy at the Comedy Store. Not really my thing but Ad persuaded me to go along with him and his friends. It was surprisingly ok and I laughed a fair bit!

On Sunday I visited White Rabbit Gallery with two of my lovely friends. It was so great to catch up over dumplings at the Teahouse and then wander through the amazing contemporary Chinese art. It is really difficult to fathom that it has all come from one family's collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment