Monday 15 November 2010

Bookclub


I am a member of a bookclub that my sister, Tess started. We meet every month or so to chat about the book that we have read over a cup of tea or glass of champagne. I love that everyone can express their views about the literature in a casual and relaxed atmosphere.

We started off with some very harrowing classics such as Love in the Time of Cholera and Tender is the Night but are currently reading Danny the Champion of the World and Peter Pan which are heaps of fun! Do you have any book suggestions for my bookclub?

2 comments:

  1. Some suggestions:

    The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx (one of my favourites!)

    The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

    The Zookeeper's War by Stephen Conte.

    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer (a lighthearted & sweet love story).

    x G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks G. I will definitley put these titles on our bookclub list!

    ReplyDelete